Nov 14th, 2020: Therapeutic & Professional Practice Skills
Graduate Studies in Yoga Therapy
Face to Face Intensive Block:
Saturday 14th to Tuesday 21st November 2020
Live Webinars: Dates TBC
1. Therapeutic Skills I
2. Fundamentals of Interpersonal & Communications Skills for Yoga Therapists
3. Professional Practice & Therapeutic Skills II
- 5 x full-days face-to-face
- 2 x 3 hour Online webinars
- Supported practicum – individual & group
- Mentoring sessions x 6
- Plus self-directed home study & readings
This Module will develop the tools essential to practice as a Yoga Therapist, including:
- Review, Refine and integrate skills to conduct holistic, integrative client assessments for Yoga Therapy
- Further development of therapeutic counselling skills relevant to the Yoga Therapist
- Consideration to therapeutic rapport and therapeutic relationships
- Crisis management skills for Yoga Therapy
- Refine and review practice planning skills based on client needs.
- Strategies to enhance self motivation and personal efficacy for clients of Yoga Therapy
- Consideration of Yoga Therapy groups versus individual Yoga Therapy
- Therapeutic group skills relevant to providing Yoga Therapy groups
- Applying the ethical guidelines at the heart of Yoga to the profession of Yoga Therapy
- An exploration of various professional practice issues relevant to Yoga Therapy
- A sound understanding of ethical practice in the profession of Yoga Therapy
- A thorough understanding of the Scope of Practice for Yoga Therapists, and the relevant industry standards
- Consideration of important factors in providing Yoga Therapy to diverse client populations
- Strategies for communicating with other health professionals to enhance client care
- Exploring differing learning styles amongst clients of Yoga Therapy, and how to tailor interventions to the clients learning style
- Motivational strategies to assist clients to prioritise their Yoga Therapy program
Ready to Enrol?
Please Note: This 100hr module is part of our full Yoga Therapy Training Course. It is open to yoga teachers who have completed Foundations of Yoga Therapy (or equivalent) or have graduated from The Yoga Institute’s Yoga Teacher Training program. If you meet these pre-requisites this Module can be taken as a standalone module or as part of the full Yoga therapy training course.
Step 1: Deposit
Pay today to secure your place = $550
Step 2: Balance Payment
Remaining Balance = $1,400
Total Course Fee: $1,950
Complete balance payment by 16th October for $200 Early Bird discount – limited to first 5 enrolments.
Who are the teachers?
This module will be taught by Lisa Grauaug and Janet Lowndes
Janet Lowndes is a therapist with over 25 years experience providing counselling, training, and consultation. Her professional practice includes psychological counselling, meditation training, and yoga therapy. Read more.
This is a competency-based unit, so students will be assessed to demonstrate competency. In the circumstance where competency is not demonstrated on first submission, re-submission will be possible.
Assessment of this module includes:
- Full attendance at all face to face classes *
- Full attendance at all live webinars *
- Undertaking pre and post lecture study tasks as directed
- Successful completion and submission of reflective journal questions following all classes and webinars
- One other written assessment task related to the Module content
* Where any face to face or live webinar sessions are missed (under exceptional circumstances only) the student will be required to complete adequate ‘make up’ tasks as set by the teacher for that class, including but not limited to viewing of any recordings of the class session (where available), and answering reflective questions set by the teacher. An additional cost will be incurred by the student for these sessions.
Training Components & Prerequisites
This Module is part of the Yoga Therapy Training Course and involves 100+ hours of training, including:
- 70 hours of classes (face to face and online)
- access to the online learning portal
- 2 hours of individual Mentoring with your Program Mentor
- resources to facilitate 30+ hours of self-directed learning
- reading material and other learning tools
- assessment of your written work
- partial completion of the registered Yoga Therapy Training Course
The requirements in order to register for this unit are:
- completion of the Yoga Therapy Foundations module
- requirements as specified in the Yoga Therapy Training Course Requirements
To find out more about this module please contact Lisa Grauaug at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 9929 2774.