We’re so excited you’re contemplating joining us for your yoga studies
Our partnership with the amazing Danny Freemantle from Divine Wellbeing, brings the highest quality yoga education right to your doorstep in Wagga Wagga.
Since 2001 The Yoga Institute has taught and mentored hundreds of students who have gone on to become amazing yoga teachers. We’ve grown a beautiful community of people who have changed their own lives and the lives of others through exceptional yoga teaching.
We are humbled to have been part of so much
positive change, and we hope you’ll join us for the next step on your yoga journey.
6 Month Heart of Yoga Studies
The Heart of Yoga Studies Course is an incredible journey of self discovery. You will have a unique opportunity to learn about the deeper aspects and possibilities of yoga and apply what you learn for your personal growth.
This 200hr course is also the first part of the 500hr Yoga Teacher Training course, for those who wish to complete the full Teacher Training course.
Is this course right for me?
- Do you have some experience of yoga and wish to deepen your knowledge and understanding?
- Are you keen to join a community of passionate yoga lovers?
- Are you committed to your personal growth and development through yoga?
- Do you want to develop a personalised home practice?
This course will teach you more about the practice, principles and philosophy of yoga, including yoga sutra studies, asana, pranayama and meditation, and give you a framework for applying your new knowledge in your daily life.
What will I gain?
This is a truly transformational experience where you will make new friends in a beautiful community of like-minded people. Not only will you gain a greater understanding of yoga, you will learn to understand and nurture yourself in a whole new way.
Students who complete this course will also have the foundations for further yoga studies and will gain recognition of prior learning for The Yoga Institute’s diploma level teacher training program.
12 Month Yoga Teacher Training Course
In this part-time diploma level teacher training course you will learn so much more than just how to teach asana postures. By the end of the course you will have the skills, knowledge and confidence to develop and teach fully integrated practices for groups and individuals that include asana, pranayama, meditation, mudras, mantra & sound, yoga philosophy and more.
The 200hr Heart of Yoga course makes up the first half of this 500hr teacher training program.
Is this course right for me?
- Are you ready for a big change, passionate about yoga and inspired to share it with others through teaching groups and individuals?
- Do you want to understand the deeper layers of yoga, and not just the asana (postures)?
- Are you feeling a call to move forward in your personal development to explore your full potential?
The Yoga Teacher Training diploma course is an inspiring and transformational journey for our future yoga teachers. We really value you as a student and make sure to nurture and support you throughout your journey to becoming an incredible yoga teacher.
What will I gain?
This registered yoga teacher training course gives you:
- Eligibility for full (Level 1) membership with Yoga Australia – become a registered yoga teacher
- The skills, knowledge and confidence to go out and teach integrated yoga practices to groups and individuals
- A wonderful community of like-minded fellow students and yoga teachers
- The foundations for further studies in Yoga Therapy
- World class online Yoga Anatomy Fundamentals training taught by bestselling author Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews
- Ongoing personal practice development, teaching guidance and study support from an experienced mentor-teacher
What is covered in the 200hr Heart of Yoga course?
All students undertaking the Heart of Yoga or Teacher Training Course complete Terms 1 & 2
Module / Term 1
- History of Yoga
- Foundation Principles of yoga practice
- Asana I – basic theory and techniques
- Yoga Energetics (subtle energy systems)
Module / Term 2
- Introduction to Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (yoga philosophy and psychology)
- Pranayama – theory and techniques
Mentoring: 6 mentoring sessions (one-on-one), for the development of a personalised yoga practice and training support (3 sessions each term)
Plus (optional components – additional fees may apply):
- Yoga Anatomy – online course via yogaanatomy.net (optional for the 200hr Heart of Yoga course, and included in the 500hr Teacher Training course)
- 2.5-day Retreat Experience (optional)
What is covered in the 500hr Teacher Training course?
Students undertaking the full teacher training program complete all of the above, plus:
Module / Term 3
- Asana II – applied theory and techniques
- Communications Skills for Yoga teaching
- Teaching Skills – teaching group classes I
- Teaching Skills – teaching private classes and personalised practices I
- Practice Planning (designing a yoga class or practice)
Module / Term 4
- Teaching Skills – teaching group classes II
- Teaching Skills – teaching private classes and personalised practices II
Mentoring: 6 mentoring sessions (one-on-one) for teacher training support and development of a personalised yoga practice (3 sessions each term)
2018 Course Attendance Dates:
Term 1 (Heart of Yoga & Teacher Training):
- Saturday, 4 Aug 2018 to Monday, 6 Aug 2018
- Sunday, 12 Aug 2018
- Sunday, 9 Sep 2018
- Sunday, 16 Sep 2018
- Sunday, 30 Sep 2018
- Sunday, 14 Oct 2018
Term 2 (Heart of Yoga & Teacher Training):
- Saturday, 20 Oct 2018 to Monday, 22 Oct 2018
- Sunday, 28th Oct 2018
- Sunday, 4th Nov 2018
- Sunday, 11th Nov 2018
- Retreat (attendance is optional): 23rd – 25th November
- Saturday, 1st Dec & Sunday, 2nd Dec 2018
Term 3 & 4 (Teacher Training):
- 2019 dates to be confirmed
Ready to Enrol in 200hr Heart of Yoga?
Course Fee Options:
a. Early Bird (save 10%) – pay in full by 30th June, 2018: $3892 (+1.7% for credit card payments)
b. Standard – Pay in full by by 31st July, 2018: $4325 (+1.7% for credit card payments)
c. Monthly Direct Debit: $910 per month x 5 monthly installments: $4550 (via credit card only)
* Course fee to upgrade from 200hr Heart of Yoga Course to 500hr Teacher Training course in 2019 will be approx. $4325 (depending on method of payment)
Apply and register now to secure your place in the 2018 200hr Heart of Yoga course in Wagga Wagga:
Ready to Enrol in 500hr Teacher Training?
Includes the 200hr Heart of Yoga Course and online Yoga Anatomy
Course Fee Options:
a. Early Bird (save 10%) – pay in full by 30th June, 2018: $7335 (+1.7% for credit card payments)
b. Standard – Pay in full by before 31st July, 2018: $8150 (+1.7% for credit card payments)
c. Monthly Direct Debit: $865 per month x 10 monthly installments: $8650 (via credit card only)
Apply and register now to secure your place in the 2018/19 500hr Teacher Training course in Wagga Wagga:
What ‘style’ of yoga?
Our approach to Yoga is based on the world-renowned teachings from the tradition and lineage of T Krishnamacharya (widely known as the ‘father of modern yoga’) and his son TKV Desikachar (pictured).
We focus on integrating all aspects of yogic practice including asana, pranayama, meditation, mantra, mudras, philosophy and psychology, and adapting practices to the individual.
We emphasise applying the ancient wisdom and practices of yoga to the challenges of modern lives.
As Krishnamacharya said: “Yoga must be made to suit the individual, not the individual to suit the yoga.”
About Divine Wellbeing
The Heart of Yoga program is offered in partnership with Divine Wellbeing, Wagga.
Diving Wellbeing Yoga and Natural Health, established in 2005, was the first dedicated yoga studio created in the Wagga Wagga regional area. It was established to provide yoga, meditation, massage and natural health services for the local community.
Since then thousands of people have attended over 10 thousand yoga, meditation and health related classes as well as personal health appointments for health and wellbeing.
Divine Wellbeing has earned a reputation for quality yoga and meditation classes and health related programs. The centre is known for its welcoming atmosphere and community spirit with focus on acknowledging and addressing the personal needs and individual differences of each of us.
Directed by owner Danny Freemantle, with over 17 years experience teaching yoga, Divine Wellbeing keeps a focus on teaching that inspires connection to breath, heart and the inner spirit that is the ultimate guru and greatest guide within us all.
More Information & Questions
If you have any questions about these courses, please email or call:
Kirstie Christensen, The Yoga Institute: email@example.com or call on 0477 021 219.
Danny Freemantle, Divine Wellbeing: firstname.lastname@example.org or call on (02) 6971.7813
What do our students say?
“Apart from the experience of the yoga course, it is great to experience the yoga community including other students and the teachers. I hope those special connections will be maintained long into the future.” Paul
“This is just the beginning, thank you for helping to open this new door…new chapter on how I can live my life” Brooke
“Thank you so much for your sharing of the teachings of yoga in this lineage. I have found my path and have found a great, sincere tour guide along the path, in you.” Scott
Learn more about:
The Yoga Institute
Online Yoga Anatomy Component
What Graduates Say
Further Learning Pathways