“Mentoring” is a modern word that describes an essential part of the tradition of yoga throughout history.
It is considered important in many professions throughout the world today. Yoga Australia recognises and encourages the importance of mentoring, both being a mentor and being mentored, at all levels of training and teaching in yoga. Mentoring can contribute to the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points required for membership.
The Yoga Institute values the role that mentoring offers throughout yoga teacher training and yoga therapist training courses, as well as ongoing mentoring for yoga teachers and yoga therapists at all levels of experience. We have a team of experienced mentors who can provide one-on-one mentoring for professional development.
Choose from 3 types of mentoring:
- Individual mentoring for yoga teacher training and yoga therapy training
- Professional mentoring for yoga teachers and yoga therapists
- Peer mentoring groups for yoga teachers and yoga therapists
1. Yoga Teacher or Yoga Therapist Trainee Mentoring
Students studying at The Yoga Institute are assigned a mentor as part of their training. Mentoring is also offered for students enrolled in training courses elsewhere.
What will you get from mentoring:
Professional yoga mentoring is designed to provide yoga teachers and trainee teachers with ongoing guidance in their personal and professional yoga journey. While it is always customised to meet the specific needs of each student, the key areas explored include:
- Personal Yoga Practice: Development and review of an appropriate home yoga practice
- Continuing Education Guidance: Supporting the ongoing education of the student. This might involve further discussion into a particular aspect of yoga training e.g. pranayama techniques, review of an assignment or practice plan.
- Practicum Guidance: Support throughout the practicum component of the training course to maximise the learning opportunity
2. Professional Mentoring for Yoga Teachers and Yoga Therapists
Professional mentoring is designed to provide yoga teachers and yoga therapists with ongoing personal and professional development, in their yoga journey.
While it is always customised to meet the specific needs of each teacher, the key areas explored are:
- Personal Yoga Practice: Development and review of an appropriate home yoga practice for mentees.
- Continuing Education Guidance: Supporting the ongoing education of the mentee. This might involve discussion and study into various aspects of yoga e.g. pranayama techniques, chanting, the yoga sutras, etc.
Mentoring fees: $165 (incl GST) per session, or $450 for three sessions paid in advance. Discounted rates may apply for yoga teacher trainee and yoga therapist trainees.
If you’d like to find out more about mentoring please email email@example.com or phone 0477 021 219.
If you are unable to make your private lesson, please contact your teacher within 24 hours. 50% of consultation fee applies if you do not inform us within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment. Full consultation fees apply if you do not inform us at all.
3. Peer Mentoring Group for Yoga Teachers
Have you completed your Yoga studies and are finding it hard to apply what you have learnt and put it into practice?
The good news is that you are not alone! Join The Yoga Institute’s peer mentoring group to get support.
This yoga teacher and yoga therapist mentoring group is designed for participants to empower each other to teach confidently. Sessions are facilitated by one of our experienced faculty.
Participants will provide and receive peer support in the ongoing journey of sharing the teachings of Yoga.
Frequency: generally, one session each month
Dates: on request
Teachers/Facilitators: The Yoga Institute senior faculty
Prerequisites: To attend this course, you must be a graduate teacher.
Course Recognition: 1 CPD point per hour = 2 points per session
Venue: The Yoga Institute, Level 1, 498 Miller Street, Cammeray
For more information call 0477 021 219 or email firstname.lastname@example.org