Ayurveda = people’s medicine
Ayurvedic practitioner, Eleni Tsikrikas, filmed at The Yoga Institute to explain the basics of Ayurveda to you.
Here’s some key highlights:
What is it?
- Natured based, energetic, system of medicine
- All therapies and tools that Ayurveda utilizes come from nature
- Nature is the true healer and anything can be used to reinstate health
Why does it matter to me?
- It’s holistic-body/functions/mind and emotions/spirit
- Focuses on whole person in the context of life/relationships and environment
- Person centered and prevention
- Reduce symptoms
- Reverse cause
- Lifestyle medicine
- 3 main pillars-food digestion, sleep, and energy
- Sustainable for individual-moderate practices to sustain
“Ayurveda is reconnecting with your body’s natural intelligence” -Eleni Tsikrikas
Want to learn more?
Watch the full YouTube video
Meet Eleni for yourself at The Yoga Institute’s Monthly Ayurveda Workshop
Eleni discovered YOGA as a means for reducing stress in 1995 while practicing law in Sydney, Australia. Smitten, Eleni completed the Sydney Yoga Centre’s teacher training course. In 2000, Eleni quit the legal profession to teach Yoga full time. In 2004 Eleni moved to Los Angeles and began intensive study with Robert Birnberg a senior student in the T. Krichnamacharya lineage. The major focus of her studies is the “Yoga Sutras of Pantajali” the guidebook dedicated to creating a satvic mind.
Eleni is a Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist, CAS, a Pancha Karma Specialist PKS. She runs a private ayurvedic practice and teaches “Ayurvedic Skills for Living” courses in Silverlake and Sydney. She is a faculty member of The Yoga Institute in Sydney and at California College of Ayurveda, where she teaches and mentors students. She continues to pursue her passion for herbs, studying with renowned herbalist KP Khalsa. Eleni has completed the educational component leading to qualifications as a Western Herbalist. She is presently working on the accreditation process for the American Herbalist Guild.
Eleni passionately believes food is medicine and is looking forward to sharing her passion at The Yoga Institute with a monthly Ayuveda Workshop.