Recipe Share: Almond & Honey Oat Bars
One of The Yoga Institute’s teachers, Gill Kamsler, made almond & honey oat bars for a recent teacher’s get together. Gill is ALWAYS making delicious food, she has a real reputation around the centre for her cooking!
Make it your own and try adding coconut!
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup siivers of roasted almonds
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/3 c berries
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbs butter
Less then 10 minutes of prep time? Say no more!
- Grease and line a standard sized (approximately) 17X28cm rectangular baking tray with baking paper, allowing the edges to overhang.
- Place the peanut butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter into the thermomix bowl.
- Mix for 5 minutes 80 degrees, Speed 2 or until the mixture has thickened slightly.
- Add the oats and almonds.
- Mix for 30 seconds on Reverse, Speed 2 or until the mixture is very well combined.
- Add the berries into the mixture and stir with spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tray and press down very firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Place the tray into the fridge for 2 hours.
- Take out and cut into long bars.
- Place the bars into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- It’s a thermomix recipe but I think you could do the first part on the stove top, then combine everything in a mixing bowl.
- As the bars have butter, they stay firm when taken from the fridge- but may not hold for too long.
- If you’d prefer oat slices instead of bars, make the same recipe in a bigger pan!