Aug 29, 2019: Yoga Psychology & Mental Health
Graduate Studies in Yoga Therapy Module
Face to Face Intensive Module:
Thursday 29th August to Thursday 5th September
Live Online Webinars: Dates TBC
This Module will explore the Yogic model of the mind and mental health, as it relates to Yoga Therapy, including:
Yoga Psychology Principles
- An understanding of the Yogic model of mind
- The states and functions of the mind according to Yoga
- An exploration of the healthy psychological system and the system in distress
- The relationship between Yoga Therapy and modern Neuropsychology
- The relationship between Yoga Therapy and modern Psychology
Yoga Therapy & Mental Health
- An exploration of common mental health issues, through a Yoga Therapy lens, including depression, anxiety, addiction, eating disorders, sleep disorders, personality disorders, and psychosis
- Yoga Therapy treatments involving the mind
- Yoga Therapy as a model of integrative mental health care – the mind-body perspective
Yoga Therapy Skills Development
- Precautions and contraindications for mental health aware Yoga Therapy
- Responding safely to mental health crisis occurring in a Yoga Therapy context
- Understanding the Scope of Practice of Yoga Therapists working with people with psychological distress or mental illness
- Addressing common mental health challenges with Yoga Therapy
This module will incorporate and expand upon the 4-day Yoga Psychology training conducted by Janet Lowndes and Michael de Manincor. The Yoga Psychology program is offered broadly to Yoga Teachers who will attend the first part of the Face to Face component of the Yoga Therapy Module. Additional training days for Yoga Therapy students address material specifically relevant to the provision of Yoga Therapy.
Ready to Enrol?
Step 1: Deposit
Deposit Payment: $550
Pay deposit when you apply to secure your place
PLUS your choice of two balance payment options:
Step 2: Balance Payment
Option 1: 2x Monthly Instalments
Available for registrations completed at least two months prior to module start date
2 x $800 = $1,600
(+ $550 deposit = $2,150 total)
Enrol via Monthly Instalments Here: https://yogainstitute.com.au/ytmh-monthly/
Option 2: Upfront Payment
Save $200 with Early Bird (EB) discount available for upfront payments completed before Friday 12th July, 2019 (PLUS EB is limited to 5 places only).
Standard Upfront = $1,400
(+ $550 deposit = $1,950 total)
Early Bird Upfront = $1,200
(+ $550 deposit = $1,750 total)
Enrol via Full Balance Payment Here: https://yogainstitute.com.au/ytmh-balance/
Please Note: This 100hr module is part of our full Yoga Therapy Training Course. It is open to yoga teachers who have completed Foundations of Yoga Therapy (or equivalent) or have graduated from The Yoga Institute’s Yoga Teacher Training program. It is not available as a standalone unit.
Who are the teachers?
This module will be taught by Michael de Manincor and Janet Lowndes.
Michael is one of the most highly respected yoga teachers in Australia, with over 30 years teaching experience. He has undertaken extensive studies with renowned teacher TKV Desikachar, in the authentic tradition of T Krishnamacharya. Read more.
Janet Lowndes is a therapist with over 25 years experience providing counselling, training, and consultation. Her professional practice includes psychological counselling, meditation training, and yoga therapy. Read more.
Prior Learning & Course Recognition
If you have already completed a similar Yoga Therapy course please contact us to discuss Recognition of Prior Learning for that training.
This Module is part of the complete Yoga Therapy Training Course qualification which is registered with Yoga Australia.
This is a competency-based unit, so students will be assessed to demonstrate competency. In the circumstance where competency is not demonstrated on first submission, re-submission will be possible.
Assessment of this module includes:
- Full attendance at all face to face classes *
- Full attendance at all live webinars *
- Undertaking pre and post lecture study tasks as directed
- Successful completion and submission of reflective journal questions following all classes and webinars
- Successful completion of two Case Studies relevant to this Module
- One other written assessment task related to the Module content
* Where any face to face or live webinar sessions are missed (under exceptional circumstances only) the student will be required to complete adequate ‘make up’ tasks as set by the teacher for that class, including but not limited to viewing of any recordings of the class session (where available), and answering reflective questions set by the teacher. An additional cost will be incurred by the student for these sessions.
Training Components & Prerequisites
This Module is part of the Yoga Therapy Training Course and involves 100+ hours of training, including:
- 70 hours of classes (face to face and online)
- access to the online learning portal
- 2 hours of individual Mentoring with your Program Mentor
- resources to facilitate 30+ hours of self-directed learning
- reading material and other learning tools
- assessment of your written work
- partial completion of the registered Yoga Therapy Training Course
The requirements in order to register for this unit are:
- completion of the Yoga Therapy Foundations module (or The Yoga Institute’s Yoga Teacher Training Course)
- requirements as specified in the Yoga Therapy Training Course Requirements
To find out more or get your questions answered, contact Lisa Grauag at email@example.com or on (02) 9929 2774.