Commences 15th May 2021: Yoga Psychology & Mental Health
Graduate Studies in Yoga Therapy Module
Registrations for this module in 2021 have closed.
2 days LIVE online (9:30am -4:30pm)
15th – 16th May (Sat – Sun)
2 days LIVE online (9:30am – 4:30pm)
5th – 6th June (Sat – Sun)
3 days LIVE online (9:30am – 4:30pm)
19th – 21st June (Sat – Mon)
2 Saturdays LIVE Online (9:30am – 4:30pm)
24th July (Sat)
7th August (Sat)
2 days FACE – FACE in classroom (9:30am – 5:30pm)
11th – 12th September (Sat – Sun)
This Module will explore the Yogic model of the mind and mental health, as it relates to Yoga Therapy, including:
Yoga Psychology Principles
- An understanding of the Yogic model of mind
- The states and functions of the mind according to Yoga
- An exploration of the healthy psychological system and the system in distress
- The relationship between Yoga Therapy and modern Neuropsychology
- The relationship between Yoga Therapy and modern Psychology
Yoga Therapy & Mental Health
- An exploration of common mental health issues, through a Yoga Therapy lens, including depression, anxiety, addiction, eating disorders, sleep disorders, personality disorders, and psychosis
- Yoga Therapy treatments involving the mind
- Yoga Therapy as a model of integrative mental health care – the mind-body perspective
Yoga Therapy Skills Development
- Precautions and contraindications for mental health aware Yoga Therapy
- Responding safely to mental health crisis occurring in a Yoga Therapy context
- Understanding the Scope of Practice of Yoga Therapists working with people with psychological distress or mental illness
- Addressing common mental health challenges with Yoga Therapy
Ready to Enrol?
Step 1: Deposit & Application
Pay today to secure your place = $550
Step 2: Balance Payment
Remaining Balance Payment = $1,400
Total Course Fee = $1,950
SAVE $200 off this price – Early bird special – enrol by 16th April 2021 (limited to first 5 places)
Module pricing includes:
- 5 x face-face days at The Yoga Institute (Cammeray, Sydney)
- 6 x live & interactive online days
- 2 x individual mentoring sessions to support practicum and module completion
Please Note: This 100hr module is part of our full Yoga Therapy Training Course. It is open to yoga teachers who have completed Foundations of Yoga Therapy (or equivalent) or have graduated from The Yoga Institute’s Yoga Teacher Training program. It is not available as a standalone unit.
Who are the teachers?
This module will be taught by Michael de Manincor and Janet Lowndes.
Michael is one of the most highly respected yoga teachers in Australia, with over 30 years teaching experience. He has undertaken extensive studies with renowned teacher TKV Desikachar, in the authentic tradition of T Krishnamacharya. Read more.
Janet Lowndes is a therapist with over 25 years experience providing counselling, training, and consultation. Her professional practice includes psychological counselling, meditation training, and yoga therapy. Read more.
Prior Learning & Course Recognition
If you have already completed a similar Yoga Therapy course please contact us to discuss Recognition of Prior Learning for that training.
This Module is part of the complete Yoga Therapy Training Course qualification which is registered with Yoga Australia.
This is a competency-based unit, so students will be assessed to demonstrate competency. In the circumstance where competency is not demonstrated on first submission, re-submission will be possible.
Assessment of this module includes:
- Full attendance at all face to face classes *
- Full attendance at all live webinars *
- Undertaking pre and post lecture study tasks as directed
- Successful completion and submission of reflective journal questions following all classes and webinars
- Successful completion of two Case Studies relevant to this Module
- One other written assessment task related to the Module content
* Where any face to face or live webinar sessions are missed (under exceptional circumstances only) the student will be required to complete adequate ‘make up’ tasks as set by the teacher for that class, including but not limited to viewing of any recordings of the class session (where available), and answering reflective questions set by the teacher. An additional cost will be incurred by the student for these sessions.
Training Components & Prerequisites
This Module is part of the Yoga Therapy Training Course and involves 100+ hours of training, including:
- 70 hours of classes (face to face & online)
- access to the online learning portal
- 2 hours of individual Mentoring with your Program Mentor
- resources to facilitate 30+ hours of self-directed learning
- reading material and other learning tools
- assessment of your written work
- partial completion of the registered Yoga Therapy Training Course
The requirements in order to register for this unit are:
- completion of the Yoga Therapy Foundations module (or The Yoga Institute’s Yoga Teacher Training Course)
- requirements as specified in the Yoga Therapy Training Course Requirements
To find out more or get your questions answered, contact Lisa Grauag at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0477 021 219.