What is iRest®? Try it Now
We are excited to be hosting iRest® for the 4th consecutive year in Sydney 2020. There are no prerequisites for this training, iRest® is for every one to enjoy!
“If yoga were a smorgasbord, the practice of iRest® would most definitely be at the dessert table.”
What is iRest®?
iRest® is a meditation practice based on the ancient tradition of Yoga Nidra and adapted to suit the conditions of modern life. When practiced regularly – a little and often – iRest® enables you to meet each moment of your life with unshakable peace and wellbeing, no matter how challenging or difficult your situation.
Why Do iRest®?
- Cope with Daily Stress: iRest® helps you see situations from a fresh perspective and find your equilibrium no matter what life throws your way.
- Resolve Trauma: iRest® is an evidence-based form of guided meditation that has been shown to resolve symptoms associated with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Decrease Depression and Anxiety: Some people who suffer from depression or anxiety find it beneficial to do an iRest® practice first thing in the morning, or just before going to sleep at night.
- Relieve Chronic Pain: With iRest® meditation, people have found relief from chronic pain that medication and other pain-management programs have been unable to resolve.
- Improve Sleep: Practicing iRest® can help you fall asleep more easily and experience more restful sleep throughout the night.
- Awaken to Your True Nature: The comprehensive spiritual teachings of iRest® enable you to experience your indestructible ground of well-being.
Who Can iRest® Help?
iRest is simple to learn and easy to practice. It can be practiced by anyone, regardless of physical ability or experience with meditation. Once learned, iRest® becomes a set of tools for life.
iRest® provides workshops, trainings, and certification for individuals wanting to hone their meditation practice, and professionals looking to integrate meditation skills and Yoga Nidra into their offerings. These will not only serve to help yoga teachers, yoga therapists, and psychotherapists, but healthcare, military, and individuals in general as well.
Try it for yourself: 8 minutes introduction or 20 minute practice with Richard Miller
iRest was developed by Dr. Richard Miller, a spiritual teacher, author, yogic scholar, researcher and clinical psychologist, who combined traditional yogic practice with Western psychology and neuroscience.
Meet your facilitator: Fuyuko Sawamura
Fuyuko Sawamura-Toyota is a certified iRest® Senior Trainer, Retreat Leader and Supervisor/Mentor. For the past 20 years she has been deeply committed on the path of Yoga and ancient Non-dual wisdom. She is also a qualified Hatha Yoga teacher since 1996.
She incorporates iRest and Self-Inquiry in her teachings of Yoga, Somatic body awareness and meditation at her yoga studio “Prema Yoga” on the Gold Coast, Australia and internationally.
In 2007, Richard Miller, her spiritual mentor, brought to Fuyuko a deeper understanding of living life in a non dual way. From a life of ever deepening joy, astonishment and Stillness, a heartfelt desire to share these precious teachings has sprung forth. She teaches and hosts iRest trainings and retreats in Australia. She has been assisting iRest trainings in North America for Richard Miller and other senior trainers.
“ I am deeply grateful for Fuyuko’s ability to bring these precious nondual teachings forward into the world. I hope you take advantage of sharing time with Fuyuko in her upcoming offerings.”
How can we support you?
Join iRest® Level 1 Training in Crows Nest (Sydney)
Friday 14th February (evening only) – Wednesday 19th February, 2020