Join this class and explore the benefits of specifically focused Yoga for new mothers.
These classes with Annebelle are gentle, nurturing, fun and provide an opportunity to bring new Mothers and their babies closer.
What to expect:
- Carefully designed yoga sequences that progressively build strength and revitalise new mothers
- Asana (postures) that promote natural and relaxed movement to neck, shoulders & upper back area
- Breathing awareness to support postural stabilisation post-birth
- Pelvic floor exercises
- Mindfulness based breath practices to energise and calm
- Personalised attention to meet the needs of each student
- Supportive environment that offers a space to rejuvenate and relax
Time: Thursday 10:00am – 11:15am
Cost: $135 (incl GST) 6 week yoga pass (Valid for 2 months) or $25 (incl GST) casual class rate.
Teacher: Annebelle Van Tongeren
Mother and baby class
Babies are welcome to join this class up until they begin to crawl. During class you are free to attend to your baby as needed. We have plenty of space. Please bring a baby blanket for the baby to rest on.
As our studio is on level 1 via stairs, we encourage you to carry your baby rather than use your pram. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
“New babies love a Yoga class, gazing at their mothers whilst being surrounded by an atmosphere of steadiness and calm.”
When can I come?
Join the class following your six-week post-partum check up. Yoga beginners are very welcome.
“I could not believe the unending happiness our new baby gave us, but caring for an infant is also relentless. ‘Me’ time is easily eroded by the tasks of infant care whilst still managing home and work demands. Yoga is such a powerful tool when raising a young family but it can be almost impossible to find time to practice yoga. Learning ‘kitchen sink yoga’ little sequences and tools I could sprinkle throughout my day was invaluable.” (New Mum: BK)
Personalised classes for mums groups
We can also arrange a personalised class for your mothers group if you are interested. Please contact Phoebe at The Yoga Institute on (02) 9929 2774 or email@example.com.