Upgrade Course for Yoga Teachers (200hr to 350hr)
Many students embark on the journey of learning to teach yoga by completing a 200hr teacher training program. Such programs are great for gaining a basic foundation in teaching yoga but often new teachers find themselves wanting more.
This course is designed for yoga teachers who wish to:
- Upgrade their qualifications to a 350hr, Level 1 registered course (registered with Yoga Australia)
- Develop skills and knowledge, particularly in the areas of practice design, working one-to-one and philosophy
Join us to delve into some of the more subtle and advanced aspects of yoga practice and philosopy. Gain the skills and knowledge to develop and teach personal practices for individuals and skillfully adapt practices for different needs within a group setting.
Is The Yoga Institute right for me?
Becoming part of the community at The Yoga Institute has been a life changing experience for so many of our students.
The Yoga Institute is one of the most respected yoga schools in Australia and our graduates are known for the quality of their teaching. Our team is highly experienced and qualified, and passionate about sharing the ancient wisdom of yoga in a modern context.
Watch the video below to learn more about this program from Course Director, Michael de Manincor
Early Bird Enrolments: 20% off until December 1st
Limited to 5 places!
- Ancient History of Yoga
- The Journey of the yoga tradition. Why has asana taken centre stage and how do we bring it back to a holistic practice? Use ancient wisdom in modern teaching.
- Advanced Asana
- Classical functions of postures and understanding the wisdom behind it.
- Foundation Principles of yoga practice
- Styles of yoga have only developed in very recent times. Learn the fundamental wisdom that informs all yoga practice.
- Yoga Energetics (subtle energy systems)
- Practical experience of how, when and why to influence energy and what that feels like.
- Advanced Pranayama and Meditation
- Form the foundations of how to use these tools for therapy and healing.
- Teaching Personal Practices
- Learn to specialise in creating individualised yoga practices, forming the foundations of yoga therapy.
- Interpersonal Communications and Coaching Skills
- Explore the fundamentals of effective and conscious communication. Gain tools and skills required to plan, organise and teach engaging and authentic yoga.
- Yoga Sutras – Philosophy and Psychology
- Understand the entire system and framework of yoga and learn how to effectively integrate into your teaching.
Teaching Practicum – observation, assisting, supervised, and independent teaching
Mentoring – 5 sessions (1 per month)
Yoga Anatomy – online course with Leslie Kaminoff
Course Modules – Sydney
1. Saturday 17th – Wednesday 21st February
2. Saturday 17th – Monday 19th March
3. Saturday 21st – Wednesday 25th April
4. Saturday 26th – Monday 28th May
What do our graduates say?
“Soon after graduating from my initial 200h yoga teacher training, I came to realise that I had only touched on something far bigger than I had ever imagined. How could such ancient wisdom be possibly taught within 200 hours? I knew there was so much more to learn, to understand and to discover and I now know it is going to be a life-long process. However, enrolling in the Upgrade Course offered by The Yoga Institute was probably one of the best decisions I have ever made. The course was well- structured and offered me a more thorough understanding and a deeper insight into the yoga philosophy. I felt truly supported by my amazing teachers and my mentor and had the opportunity to learn from my fellow students who all received different training. The exchange of knowledge, the practice and the thorough education made me feel more confident and authentic in my work as a yoga teacher.” KB
“I remember being hesitant in the beginning to take up this course…and now – I am so grateful that I did. The course and all of you have not only helped me to grow and develop as a teacher but also as a person. It’s been an amazing journey and I know it’s just the beginning. Thank you.” Daniela
“The more I research, study, observe and teach yoga, the more I realise how privileged and fortunate I was to be tought and led by you and your wealth of knowledge as a teacher. There is not a lot of Yoga being taught mindfully the way I learned. My students do notice the difference in themselves after a few sessions compared to other yoga sessions which they have attended before. A very big THANK YOU for increasing my knowledge and changing my life by teaching me the passion, the tradition and the integrity of YOGA teaching.” FD
Read more graduate testimonials about studying at The Yoga Institute.
Watch this 3-minute video of current and past students of The Yoga Institute:
Free Course Information Session
Join us for a complimentary information session with our Course Director, Michael de Manincor.
We think this place is pretty special and our students agree. If you’ve been thinking about studying yoga, come and get a feel for what we do here and why students LOVE studying at The Yoga Institute.
Join us and see if The Yoga Institute is for you. Limited places available – book now:
Ready to Enrol?
To pay your deposit and secure your place in the 2018 Teacher Training Upgrade Course:
Or get access to the course prospectus for full course dates, fees and application form:
If you have any questions about the course, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kirstie Christensen on (02) 9929 2774.