Level 2 (Advanced) Yoga Teacher Training
The Yoga Institute’s Level 2 (Advanced) Yoga Teacher Training offers 150 hours of post-graduate yoga studies and teacher training for yoga teachers.
The course is modular, giving you the flexibility to select the units that best suit your interests, goals and schedule.
The course focuses on developing your capacity as a yoga teacher to skilfully apply the many tools of yoga to best guide students, with a particular focus on teaching people one-to-one with personalised practices for individual needs.
Designed for Yoga Teachers to further their knowledge and experience. Students tailor their own course from our Yoga Therapy Training Course modules to accrue additional training hours needed to reach Level 2 membership with Yoga Australia.
This Course Gives You:
- Recognised professional post-graduate yoga teacher training, that meets recognised Australian training standards
- The opportunity for continuing professional development at a specialist yoga education centre
- Ongoing guidance from a mentor-teacher
- Eligibility for full (Level 2) membership with the peak body Yoga Australia
- Qualifications for professional indemnity insurance
- Development of your personal yoga practice for physical and mental health
- Includes bestselling author Leslie Kaminoff’s worldclass online Yoga Anatomy course (optional)
- Graduate teaching opportunities
- A flexible self-paced study option so you can complete the course in your own time-frame
Course Suitable For:
- Yoga Teachers who wish to further their knowledge and experience of yoga
- Yoga Teachers requiring a highly flexible, self-paced training program
Unit Options Include
1. Foundations of Yoga Therapy
2. Musculoskeletal System & Functional Anatomy I + Foundations of Ayurveda
3. Musculoskeletal System & Functional Anatomy II + Evidence-Based Research & Development of Research Project
4. Yoga Psychology and Mental Health
5. & 6. Advanced Yoga Teaching Skills and Therapeutic Applications I + Advanced Yoga Teaching Skills and Therapeutic Applications II
7. Internal Systems I
8. Internal Systems II + Neuro (dis)Ability + Yoga for Healthy Aging
9. Teaching and therapeutic skills
10. Professional and Clinical Practice + Integration and Review
Yoga mentoring will provide you with ongoing guidance in your personal and professional yoga journey. We recommend a mentoring session each month during the study program. A minimum of 3 sessions is required. There is an expectation that trainees will do a regular home yoga practice.
The Yoga Institute is a training provider whose teacher training courses are registered with Yoga Australia
More Information & Questions
Email email@example.com with any questions about our Yoga teacher training courses in 2016 / 2017 or call Kirstie Christensen on (02) 9929 2774.