Teaching Yoga for Children
Specialised yoga training for graduate yoga teachers
In this 2-day course, you will gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to teach specialised Yoga for children. By completing this course you will develop a sound understanding of designing and teaching Yoga to children and broaden your understanding of what teaching yoga to children involves.
The course curriculum will cover:
- Understanding of age related growth stages in children, physical, emotional and awareness development
- Theory and practice of Yoga techniques for children
- Teaching methodologies such as demonstration, observation, communication, assistance, class planning, age appropriate techniques, behaviours management techniques, understanding children’s demands and emotions
- Study of the Yoga Philosophy as it relates to teaching yoga to children
- Educational ethics, values, life style and parental involvement
- How to support and promote children’s classes
You will also have the opportunity to integrate your new knowledge and teaching skills through a practicum component.
Pre-requisites: Level 1 Yoga teacher training course
Dates: TBC 2017
Sat 10:30 am to 5:30 pm
Sun 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
FREE CHILDREN’S COMMUNITY YOGA CLASSES
3:00pm – 3:30pm – 5 – 8 years
3:30pm – 4:00pm – 9 – 12 years
Location: The Yoga Institute, Cammeray
Teacher: Michela Caselli
Yoga teachers attending this course can earn 12 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points towards their Yoga Australia membership.
Ph: (02) 9929 2774