- Teacher Training Mentoring
- Professional Mentoring for Yoga Teaches
- Peer Mentoring Group for Yoga Teachers
1. Teacher Trainee Mentoring
Students studying at The Yoga Institute are assigned a mentor. Typically the mentor is a senior teacher who is a Level 2 member of Yoga Australia. Each student meets regularly with their mentor (ideally monthly) who will guide them in their personal practice for the duration of their training and also provide them with general support and direction in their studies.
What will you get from mentoring:
Professional yoga mentoring is designed to provide yoga teachers and trainee teachers with ongoing guidance in their personal and professional yoga journey. While it is always customised to meet the specific needs of each teacher, the key areas explored include:
- Personal Yoga Practice: Development and review of an appropriate home yoga practice
- Continuing Education Guidance: Supporting the ongoing education of the student. This might involve further discussion into a particular aspect of yoga e.g. pranayama techniques, review of an assignment or practice plan. It is tailored to the needs of the student
- Practicum Guidance: Support throughout the practicum component of the course to maximise the learning opportunity
2. Professional Mentoring for Yoga Teachers
“Guidance and support to enrich your yoga journey…”
“Mentoring” is a modern word that describes an essential part of the tradition of yoga throughout history.
It is considered important in many professions throughout the world today. Yoga Australia recognises and encourages the importance of mentoring, both being a mentor and being mentored, at all levels of training and teaching in yoga. Mentoring can contribute to the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points required for membership.
The Yoga Institute values the role that mentoring offers trainee teachers and Yoga teachers on their unique Yoga journey. We have a team of experienced Yoga mentors who can provide one-on-one guidance and support through the development of personal yoga practice and other explorations of yoga.
What will you get from mentoring?
Professional yoga mentoring is designed to provide yoga teachers with ongoing guidance in their personal and professional yoga journey.
While it is always customised to meet the specific needs of each teacher, the key areas explored are:
- Personal Yoga Practice: Development and review of an appropriate home yoga practice for mentorees.
- Continuing Education Guidance: Supporting the ongoing education of the mentoree. This might involve discussion and study into various aspects of yoga e.g. pranayama techniques, chanting, the yoga sutras, etc.
They are structured as 1 hour sessions and we recommend monthly. Sessions cost: $110, or $165 with Michael de Manincor (senior teacher, yoga therapist and counselling psychologist).
Mentoring sessions are available with:
If you’d like to find out more about mentoring please email email@example.com or phone (02) 9929 2774.
If you are unable to make your private lesson, please contact your teacher within 24 hours. 50% of consultation fee applies if you do not inform us within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment. Full consultation fees apply if you do not inform us at all.
3. Peer Mentoring Group for Yoga Teaches
Have you completed your Yoga studies and finding it hard to apply what you have learnt and put it into practice?
This yoga teacher mentoring group is designed for participants to empower each other to teach confidently. This monthly group will be facilitated by experienced Level 2 (Yoga Australia) yoga teachers.
Participants will provide and receive peer support in the ongoing journey of sharing the teachings of Yoga.
Frequency: once a month
2017 Dates: TBC
Prerequisites: To attend this course, you must be a graduate teacher.
Course Recognition: 1 CPD point per hour = 2 points per session
Venue: The Yoga Institute Annex. 498 Miller Street, Cammeray NSW 2062 (entry to Annex in Abbott St)
For more information call (02) 9929 2774 or email firstname.lastname@example.org